Blue Snapper – MD & Consultant
Wheelsuckers – Founder
n+one – Founder
I’ve a B.Eng (Hons) Degree in Electronic Engineering from Liverpool University but the majority of my career has been in marketing & business development.
My expertise is in digital marketing and online business development using a range of techniques and tools including Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Paid Search Advertising (Pay-Per-Click), Social Media and Conversion Optimisation (ecommerce & leads).
In my role at Blue Snapper, I’ve managed paid search campaigns with a total annual spend of over £1 million that deliver a triple-digit Return on Advertising spend.
My Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and eCommerce optimisation have resulted in top search-engine rankings for very competitive keywords that have resulted in triple-digit gains in the growth of online sales.
Organisations I’ve worked with include:
- Fearing International (B2B/B2C Livestock Welfare & Management ecommerce)
- ResMed (B2C Sleep-Disordered Breathing ecommerce)
- Forest Garden (B2C Garden-related ecommerce)
- Numara Software (B2B Enterprise Software – now part of BMC)
- Edexcel (UK Educational Publisher)
- Cranfield School of Management (Educational Provider)
- Ritchey ID (B2B Asset Tagging Solutions)
- Tower Software (B2B Records Management – now part of HP)
- HiPP Organic (B2C Baby Foods)
- Network (B2B/B2C Vehicle Fleet Management – part of LeasePlan).
In addition to my consulting work, I’m the founder of Wheelsuckers, a social network for road cyclists that provides a unique interest-based experience. The website has over 3,500 members world-wide and receives 30k+ unique visitors each month. I’m also the founder of n+one, an ecommerce venture selling a range of cycling merchandise.
I’ve spent 25 years in the commercial sector in a variety of senior technical, business development and marketing roles. Before forming Blue Snapper in 2000, I was Director of Corporate Marketing for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at E.piphany, a provider of Customer Relationship Management solutions.
Prior to this I was Director of EMEA Corporate Marketing at Remedy Corporation, a provider of IT service management solutions. Before Remedy, I was Vice President of Business Development & Marketing at Network Managers, a developer of network management software.
In the dim and distant past, I used to design data communication networks for Pilkington and aircraft flight systems for the MOD.